Friday, January 15, 2010

Yoga and donuts

Last night, I did about 45 minutes of what Steve Ross, the TV yoga man, likes to call "high-energy" yoga. And while after all of these little exercising jaunts occurred I felt glad I did it, I am especially glad I did it last night. I forget how good yoga makes me feel. I know that if I want to lose fat, strengthen my heart, gain all those blah blah health benefits, I need to mix cardio into the routine, though.

Looking ahead to next week, I'm not sure what I will be doing yet but I know it will not be waking up early. That one is waiting until the mornings are a little brighter. I find it nigh impossible to drag myself out of bed on dark winter mornings, but as the sunlight starts showing up again, it's a little easier. So maybe like a month from now. I'm leaning toward a clutter-busting or cleaning challenge, since the twelve boxes and bags of household stuff and clothes I gathered up after the new year will be leaving my home on Monday morning and I think it'll inspire me to do more, but we'll see. Maybe it's time for donut-an-hour week instead. That's a real character flaw I have, not supporting the donut industry enough. It's been making me feel pretty guilty lately.

2 comments:

  1. Elliott's Donuts are the best, if you do decide to go that way. Swedish Bakery comes close, but Elliott's won out in the taste-test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elliott's, is that that deli out by...Park Ridge or something? I've had Swedish Bakery donuts and they are mighty fine. Did you have a donut-off?

    ReplyDelete