Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Not a total failure

Oof. I ate a bowl of oatmeal with a sliced banana in it about an hour and a half ago and it's still feeling like I just ate.

So last night, my to-do list was as follows:

--grocery shopping
--put groceries away
--make dinner
--fold laundry
--organize coupons (I'm going to give using coupons a shot, because why not. Besides, I've already sunk $2.50 in the coupon organizer, so I have to at least make that back.)
--start a garden plan (I just bought this year's seeds, so I need to plan out where and how many plants I'll need.)

Hannah and I went grocery shopping, and we got home and put them away and everything was jake. Dinner was made (spaghetti and meatballs, and it was tasty.) After we ate (we tend to eat around 7, 7:30, with Hannah having a snack when we get home), at about 8 pm, I sat down to fold the four baskets full of clean laundry and watch The Amazing Race. Got through three baskets while Hannah took a bath, and then put Hannah to bed. Fell asleep sitting in Hannah's room, woke up at 11, took a shower, and while waiting for Peter to come up to bed (he was working...again...more...in the family room) I organized the coupons. So tonight's list is:

--make dinner
--fold laundry and put away
--start a garden plan

Not too shabby, and totally doable.

My work to-do is much longer. I'm thinking I might need to split it into two lists -- the short, immediate projects that come up every day, and the longer-term, less-immediate-but-still-important stuff. I especially need something visual to keep track of people I need to schedule meetings with -- I've tried a few different ways but nothing's really stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment